Wednesday 30 March 2016

Being Honest

The topic of being honest is a very context dependent thing. This post is going to talk about being honest in terms of putting our hearts on the line; in terms of not letting go of opportunities in fear of being honest; in terms of choosing heart over fear so we don't have anything to regret.

I realised a couple of years ago how important it is to be honest. To jump. To use our words to make sure we have done everything to try and grab something that might just make us super happy. I hate regretting things- I hate regretting not doing things. And so I've learnt to jump. I'm not the most open person and yet I've really learnt how to be honest, feel no shame in it, and understand that in the cases I'm thinking of, "What is there to lose?" Nothing.

It's not always easy. It's sometimes incredibly nerve-wracking. I don't always do it right. I don't always do it. And yet I aim to be this kind of honest as much as possible. Sometimes I realise it's time to give up on an idea and that's okay too! We can be honest to a certain extent- and then it might have a negative affect. We might keep trying but hurt our hearts in the process.

Someone I love dearly is going through a break up and she's devastated. She's a very honest person- very up for putting her heart on the line and I respect her so much for that. She wants to tell him that she still wants their relationship so I said, "You do that!" Why limit our own happiness because we were too scared to say something?

I've really regretted not saying certain things sometimes. Things that would have made me much happier to say in comparison to the feeling of not saying them. And this is naturally still going to occur in my life. I want to take a step back when I want to be honest. Have a think. And jump. What is the worst that can happen?

Honesty & Jumping,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am (trying to) blog twice every day this month and you can read my last post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...