Friday 18 March 2016

A Little Running Diary #7

I started this A Little Running Diary series in order to write posts that specifically talk about running seeing as it is one of my favourite hobbies. Today I want to talk about a little run I went on today and why it is key to know that it doesn't ever have to be about distance or speed, or if that's what you're about, it doesn't matter if sometimes it isn't about distance or speed.

So I run quite frequently. I aim to improve the "longer" end of the scale but I run between one and fourteen miles when I go for runs. I love the accomplishment of running the distance of a half marathon and yet I also love running three laps around where I live to make three miles. Today I simply ran for one. And my goodness it was a nice one mile.

Sometimes the fact you even went on a run deserves applauding. It's not always easy and today I could have easily not gone! But I did! I'm proud of myself because I got on my running gear and went out into the cold despite not really wanting to. That first step into running was enough of an accomplishment! I've been quite ill and I've finally recovered and it can be scary doing the first run, and yet I did it anyway. It wasn't a slow or a fast run, but it was a happy one.

We can find little achievements in so many different ways when it comes to running. One of my achievements today was that I was happy whilst I was running and felt accomplished afterwards. Another one was that I didn't let previously being ill affect me not being ill. I missed running so much in my time off last week and the first few steps into run always realise that you would rather run than not run in cases like this.

Little & Happy Runs,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I'm blogging twice every day this March- you can read my last post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...