Saturday 3 October 2015

Cafe Thoughts | Creativity

It's a Saturday and I'm sat in a cafe with my laptop and a few thoughts. I woke up earlier than expected, had breakfast, exercised hard, ate a treat that I maybe shouldn't have (but I enjoyed nonetheless) and creativity inspired me to get myself to a cafe with WiFi and make sure I continue one of my October challenges: Blogtober (which you can read about HERE).

I knew I was going to visit a cafe to use some WiFi today because I realised I wanted to complete Blogtober fully (at the end of September I did wonder whether I'd have to catch up with posts later on as I have no internet access at my accommodation for a few days in October). It has got me thinking. My adoration for writing and the creativity it uses and produces made me know I had to get to a place where I could encourage my creativity. I think that's kind of awesome. 

Then I got to thinking. I think all of the people I know have creativity- even if they don't know it or use it as much as maybe they'd like to. I have a friend that is very good with all things art and another whose mind can create all sorts of awesome ideas. Creativity can come in all shapes and sizes and I think it is very important that we use it. My creativity comes with all sorts of writing and I'd like to encourage other areas of creativity to become "my thing", even if I'm not as good as those who have a particular talent in it. Creativity stimulates the mind and makes the world very colourful- and we all have the ability to find it in ourselves.

I was in a supermarket before I got to the cafe and heard a child talking excitedly to an adult about their ideas about how flags for countries to look. It made me really happy and it produced a realisation that children find it so easy to be creative and "think outside of the box." When do a lot of us lose this eagerness? I know that as I became older my love of drawing (I've never had an exceptional talent in it but I loved it so I did it and that's an awesome way to be!) became less fueled but I'm happy to say that I never gave up my love of creative writing. Although I think I should commend myself on this, I have let a lot of creativity slip- and I should and will find this again! 

I think we should always encourage creativity- finding other outlets to express this with and sticking to the ones we know very well. We need to always be that creative child. Creativity is really awesome. What are your thoughts?

Excited & Stimulates Minds,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. You can read yesterday's Blogtober post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...