Thursday 15 October 2015

Booktober | Cinder by Marissa Meyer

As a part of October, I am participating in Booktober where I am setting myself the challenge of reading four books this month, and to make the experience even more exciting, I am reviewing them too! You can read more about it HERE! For the first week I read To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and you can read that review HERE! Now, on with the review!






















Cinder by Marissa Meyer is one of three books in The Lunar Chronicles series. Cinder is a re-telling of the classic, Cinderella, with an awesome twist. Cinder is a cyborg. She is also a talented mechanic and is known for it. Living with a stepmother that hates her, Cinder's life is soon dramatically changed with a Prince, a realisation she could just well help Earth and a load of dystopian temptation and danger. Man, that's cool.

This story is seriously awesome. We admire Cinder for her courage and her talent and her want to help not only her ill sister, but the world too. We see her vulnerable side and only love her more for it because she is good. Cinder is a good'n. That we have a dystopian novel with a cyborg heroine makes me feel slightly more comfortable sleeping at night. Not long ago I wouldn't have known we needed such a story, but I can conclude now that we do.

New Beijing needs a hero and a good leader, and for a cure for the illness taking out too many civilians every day. Literature needs awesome females to look up to every day and as these characters should come in all shapes a sizes, I am delighted to have the cyborg, Cinder to be kicking butt. It's a story of disaster and evil plans; romance and beautiful lessons.

The story, Cinder, is such a brilliant start to a series- naturally making me very excited to read the next part. I am a Disney enthusiast and one that loves re-tellings of classic fairy tales, especially with the Disney adaptations in mind. Cinder teaches us of evil and goodness and I simply adore the story that has taught these lessons.

I rate this novel 4/5!

Cyborgs & Fairy Tales,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am taking part in Blogtober which you can read about HERE- HERE is yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...