Wednesday 28 October 2015

A Letter to October

Dear October,

We are well and truly in autumn now. I was telling a friend how I liked how the yellow leaves look like soggy cornflakes and he told me he liked that idea. And I like that idea as it's one you bring. October is drawing to a close and I'm happy to know these yellowy leaves will be around for a little longer, but I just wanted to say farewell to you; October has been good.

October, I wasn't expecting this month - your month - to be as good as it was. I expected to be drowned in homesickness and although I have felt it (this post actually does come from a particularly homesick blogger), I have coped with it much better, and you have been a reason for this. Runs in the autumnal-ised parks at university have been glorious and walks to town with only a slight chill and a bright sky have made smiling easy.

I've settled back into university, and I've been working hard. I've been enjoying my studies. I've been adoring progressing with my running, exercising in other ways too and also learning how to cook more. I've challenged myself but I've also let myself relax into the easy, calm ways of autumn. I've recognised just how hard I need to work this year and I've started this university year with this ethic and I shall continue it, because I need to do well!

October, you've brought only good memories, but you've also brought some really good lessons. I've listened to what people have had to say, and I'm taking it all on board. I thank you for this. I think this is the time of year when we claim everything starts to go much more quickly than the rest of the year. I am going to tackle these quick few months with happiness, hope, hard-work and a lot of love!

Yellow Leaves & Puddles,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I have been blogging every day for you, October, which you can read about HERE! HERE is my last post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...