Tuesday 22 September 2015

Book Haul | The University Chosen Ones

I am off to university again, and one of my favourite things about university is reading. For me, I get so much reading done. Or, at least, I did last year. I've accumulated a couple of books that I haven't presented to the blog and a few I have to make a little book haul- which I love doing so I can be reminded by the blog that I have a bunch of to be read books that I need to read- first and foremost because I was so excited about reading them that I wrote a blog post dedicated to them. So, here are the books that I did carefully choose to take to university with me.

I had a few things to order off of Amazon the other day and this genuine need came with a blogger who simply wanted to buy another book. *Grins sheepishly.* Enter: To All the Boys I've Loved before by Jenny Han. This will be one of the first books I will read at university because I think it will make me feel all warm and entertained while I settle back in. It is about Lara Jean who writes letters (unseen ones!) about all the boys she has ever loved. When they are one day mailed, what was once a love life only lived in the letters she wrote, becomes an apparently out of control love life. Then there is one of the amazing Jojo Moyes' books: The Last Letter from your Lover. I have started reading this and got very far into it- enjoying it with all of my heart. And then came loads of manic-ness and I stopped reading for a week and I didn't pick the book back up because I get nervous about revisiting books I have started reading- even though I have adored this story so far! I fear giving too much away as I have begun reading this gorgeous story so I will just leave a line that gripped me from the blurb: "When journalist Ellie looks through her newspaper's archives for a story, she doesn't think she'll find anything of interest. Instead she discovers a letter from 1960, written by a man asking his lover to leave her husband." I am bringing One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore with me because I am so so intrigued by this novel. I don't have much knowledge as to what it is about but it is a historically toned novel that is also about love. Next are the first two books in The Mortal Instruments series: City of Ashes and City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait. I have very much so been in the mood to read series or books with two parts recently (hence To All the Boys I've Loved Before and the next novel I will speak about: Just One Day.) and I will soon purchase the next book in the Shatter Me series (which I have reviewed HERE) because I cannot wait for it- but I also cannot wait for The Mortal Instruments series which is about demon hunters and love and New York City and I've heard it is an awesome series of books! Last but not least I will be taking Just One Day by one of my absolute favourite authors, Gayle Forman. It is about Allyson and her taking a leap for just one day and about all of the adventures that follow with Willem until it abruptly stops. Gayle Forman's writing is gorgeous and I am so excited for this.

Here is a quick summary of a bucnh of books that will be my friends on cold nights over the next few months!

A Blanket & A Book,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...