Sunday 30 August 2015

Book Courtship Tag

I saw this tag through some YouTube videos I was watching with booktubers and it looks awesome so I thought I would give it ago. It incorporates different phases of some kind of romantic relationship with the books we have read.

Phase 1: Initial attraction; a book bought because of its cover.

One of my favourite covers ever is that of Kristin Hannah's Firefly Lane. I remember browsing on Amazon and seeing the pretty, pretty cover. It's really dreamy and warm and that describes the theme of friendship perfectly- and the characters too. 

Phase 2: First impressions; a book because of its blurb.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Ah, this novel is amazing and Jojo Moyes deserves all of the amazing credit she gets for it. The blurb shows how different the two main characters are and I just wanted to know why they were suddenly in each other's lives. 

Phase 3: Sweet talk; a book with great writing.

Ah, it has to be The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern! Her writing is so delicately phrased; so infused with magic and elegance and prettiness and darkness too! The Night Circus is one of my all time favourite novels and always will be- and the beautiful words are a massive part of this.

Phase 4: First date; a first book in a series that inspired buying the next book in the series.

It has to be The Hunger Games. I was aware of the hype around it and I wasn't too late catching on, but as soon as I read the first one, I needed the next and so on and so forth. I loved the feeling of reading the first one because I was so attached. 

Phase 5: Late night phone calls; a book that kept me up all night.

The book that comes straight to my mind was Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher. I was in love with the story and the relationships of the characters; I wanted only the best for them and I remember staying up later than I should have finishing this story. 

Phase 6: Always on my mind; a book I cannot stop thinking about.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks deserves this title. As soon as I finished it I couldn't stop crying- I couldn't stop thinking. It's the first Nicholas Sparks novel I've read and it really is awesome. Very honest; very heartbreaking. I remember not giving up talking about it to my brother for ages. Thinking about it now, it has meant that I now have thoughts going through  my head- brilliant, brilliant book!

Phase 7: Getting physical; a book that I like the way it feels.

Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli is one of my favourite-feeling novels. My copy is just very shiny and the pages very soft when I flick through the pages slightly. This came straight to mind, so there we go!

Phase 8: Meeting the parents; a book I would recommend to my friends and family.

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green... Mainly because I do recommend it to all of my friends and family! Although it is heartbreaking, it is also light-hearted and full of friendship and morals we all need to hear or hear again. 

Phase 9: Thinking about the future; a book I would re-read many times in the future.

As I have re-read this book twice already and I want to re-read it for the rest of my life, it has to be The Truth About Forever. It's my favourite book from when I was younger and it will always be a general favourite!

I fall in love with books all of the time so I was very excited to see this tag. 

Covers & Blurbs,

The Girl in the Moonlight. 

P.S. I didn't have time to add a photo so hopefully I will add one in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...