Monday 2 March 2015

Carrie Says | The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom

Carrie Says was one of my 2014 resolutions. I plan to read all of the books (however long it takes!) that Carrie has suggested in selected videos I chose last year (with one I have added since too!). The last Carrie Says review was about The Book Thief by Markus Zusak which you can read HERE. I read The Five People You Meet in Heaven because of THIS video!

Carrie says: "...it's a book about how you can affect someone's life and change someone's entire world without ever really knowing them."























Since I started this series, one of the books I was particularly excited to read was this sweetly-covered novel, The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I wanted this book to be the first of 2015's Carrie Says and so I bought it in January with a lot of excitement in its purchase.

This book is as consuming in the sweetest way possible as I thought it would be. The book is entirely sweet but also very tough in terms of the lessons that are learned. This book got me emotionally in a very sweetly tear-jerking but honest - a very honest - way. This was awesome. I think it could bring anyone a new, inspiring perspective- to those who are religious and to those who are not. It is as uplifting and thought-provoking as I thought it would be. I closed the book with a, "Hey, I have just learned a lot from this book" feeling that I don't often get as prominently as I did with The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

The Five People You Met in Heaven is about Eddie. He dies trying to save a girl and the book follows his journey into finding more out about himself- about events and people in his life. He meets five people who teach him something and memories from his life are clearer.

Eddie learns a lot, and through it, so do we. Last week, I posted THIS post where I spoke about the fear some people have of living an "ordinary" life that they deem not to be worthy of the history books. Eddie voices similar thoughts about his life- how he never escaped the amusement park he worked at. This novel focuses a lot on this theme and I just think what we learn (although we clearly see the importance of Eddie anyway) proves why we have this book in front of us. This book about Eddie. Devoted to his, ordinarily beautiful life.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven is delightful. It's a lot of truth mixed in with pinches of sadness but happily overshadowed by honest love and an important, "ordinary" life.

Fairground Rides & A True Love,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...