Monday 9 February 2015

How To Be a Woman - Caitlin Moran

I don't often read non-fiction books (I plan to from now on) but found myself being incredibly excited to read this book: How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran. It's a seriously awesome read.

























I want to scream from the rooftops and tell everybody ever to buy this book, laugh until their stomach hurts, think until they realise the truth and recommend it to every woman and every man they know. This book is something else.

Taking the important issue of feminism and making her points full with punches of hilarity, Caitlin Moran has produced a book-long nugget of awesomeness. Through being very witty and very truthful, Moran entertains flawlessly. She talks about all of the dilemmas of womanhood that you may not assign feminism with, but you will once you read this book. You may be funnily shocked by the content, but it leaves a poignant mark of how things still need changing... but in the most fabulously awesome way.

It should be mentioned that the hilarity of this book does not take the legitimacy of her points away.

Yet, it's entirely serious, too. Whether it be amongst the funny points, or when Moran is simply spot on and raw about it. It made me want to throw my fist in the air and chant for the sake of womankind. In fact, I'm going to do that right now. Hold your horses. *Holds horses... Runs into the garden, makes a memorable scene and returns to laptop.* We women deserve to be heard.

I read this book last year and found myself so differently excited by a book than usual that I wasn't sure how to write this review. Caitlin Moran's writing is spectacular. It really is something else.

A Funny Book & A Message,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...