Monday 29 December 2014

My Favourite Books: 2014

These kind of posts are hard for someone who claims a lot of book are their "favourite." Yes, I am one of those. Today I want to round up my favourite books of 2014. This is going to be seriously difficult as I consider more than the books below my favourite books of 2014 but I decided I would talk about my top five, and so, here we are!
























The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Pages into this novel and I knew this would become one of my favourite books for the rest of my life. About a travelling circus, this book is filled with magic and darkness, and a dangerous but beautiful love story. It's a gorgeously descriptive novel with sentences that simply made me feel magic.

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak

The Book Thief is a novel that I feel warm when I think about it. I learnt a lot from this novel; about a girl who steals books, the warmth a Jewish man in hiding brings to a family, and the concept of death, The Book Thief is awesome. It's a very unique book, with quirky ways of adding detail and a narration that makes me feel both haunted and comforted.

Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

To use the word "adore" to explain my love for Thirteen Weddings simply doesn't cover how excited I get thinking about this novel. Bronte is the protagonist of this novel; a very strong and admirable but endearingly vulnerable character. All I wanted for this lady was to find the path she felt was most sunshine-y. I more-than-adore this novel.

How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Moran

"Ahhhh, this book!", I want to sing when trying to describe it. It. Is. Wonderful. About feminism, How To Be A Woman is incredibly funny, honest and eye-opening. Finally, it seems to be becoming more and more acceptable (although it should simply be common sense) to be a "feminist", and this book is my first port of call as to why.

You're The One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher

I couldn't wait for Giovanna Fletcher's next novel after reading Billy and Me. When You're The One That I Want kept me company in May I was so excited by its endearing presence. About three best friends and their two different love stories, it's not a clear-cut novel. I love it. It opened my eyes a lot and made me question a lot. It is a very sweet novel.

What have your favourite novels been this year?

Winnie-the-Pooh & Piglet,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...