Sunday 14 December 2014

A Little Writing Chat

I am just over half way through Blogmas and after missing out one day and posting twice on another day to make up for it, I have done it again. I had no time to publish a post yesterday and so I will be posting two tomorrow! I have a bunch of ideas for Blogmas but haven't had the time to be super prepared. I am going to try my very best to complete all of my tasks (reading and reviewing two more books before Christmas and posting a four-part Christmas story) but if I don't, I will forgive myself. Following my own advice in THIS post, as I haven't got time to create the post I wanted to post yesterday, I want to simply talk about writing!

Writing is one of those things that has always been a hobby of mine. For some kids it was football or dancing or singing, but the one hobby I had when I was younger and never dropped, was this: creating sentences to mold a bunch of sentences into a piece I wanted to see in front of me.

I love writing because, for me, it's unique. I create stories that I imagine in my head, sentences I haven't said aloud before and elaborate on a subject in one place; a subject I've not sat down and collected all of my thoughts about before.

I believe that we do all have a voice; a voice that's worth hearing. In any form. For me, writing-form is one I am most confident in using.

I suppose to be successful a professional writer must captivate others; I write (and I am sure professionals do too) to captivate myself.

I feel like I talk about the act of writing so much that I can't think of another way to put it (ironic, I suppose). For now I'll settle with the truth of it: I am in love with writing.

Films & Books,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. You can read my most recent post HERE!

2 comments:

  1. This is a really great post! I have always been the same way with writing; I forced my family to read the silly short stories I wrote, and wrote a "newspaper" for my house. Haha I was a strange kid!
    But it's so great to see other people who feel the same way about writing - it's such a great community! :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aw, that's lovely to hear!
      Yes, I know how you feel! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...