Saturday 27 December 2014

A Little Blog of Stories | Part Two, 2014

Yesterday I posted THIS post about each of the short stories I posted in the first six months of 2014. This post is dedicated to the last six months of story-posting in 2014. Welcome to my story-writing adventures.

July

I will briefly talk about the short stories I posted in July as it seemed to be the month of the short stories. The first was When She Reads. I wanted to write a story about the escapism involved with reading and the willingness to open up a tin of feelings that comes with reading too. So I tried! I also posted A Summer Story about a summer love. I posted the next part to my January story (HERE), Too Many Words, Too Little Time. I really felt I got know the characters better in this story; it made me very excited to carry it on. Lift and Fall was the fourth and final story of July. I knew I wanted to write a story involving running, but I didn't know where I was going with this story until I sat and wrote it; I didn't think... I just hoped for the best!

August

In August I posted my short story, The Box. Simply put, I wanted to to portray that "don't judge a book by the cover" lesson. About a plain box, I wanted to show how something can be seen as gorgeously important because of the memories it holds.

September

I posted a story called Pops in September. Following on from my story, The Chrysanthemum, I wanted to show how everyone viewed the man who is the protagonist in The Chrysanthemum.

October

Well, This is New, is a very short story. It's a bit of a vulnerable one.

November

November 5th was my November story. It's about living for the day, and treasuring moments all the time and the painfulness of hindsight.

December

Following on from July's story, Too Many Words, Too Little Time, came the first part to my Christmas story (which will be carried on next December) about Freddy and Amanda. A Christmas Star, so far sets up Freddy's life a little since the night he and Amanda became close. They are two of my favourite characters and I adore them a lot; I just can't let them go.

I hope this post isn't coming across as a CLICKONALLOFTHELINKS kind of post- it's simply a round up of my works this year!

New CDs & Books,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...