Wednesday 10 December 2014

A Hopeless Romantic Does Christmas

I am, as is well known to my blog, a hopeless romantic. I am one who gets sucked up into films and books and the love stories alongside them. Naturally, this attribute of me will shine through when watching the John Lewis Christmas advert.


I, for some reason, hadn't watched the John Lewis 2014 Christmas advert when it first came out. After watching it for the first time the other day, I can't think of much else.

*Contains traces of spoiler.*

The video involves Monty the Penguin and a boy. As they go about their lives like best friends, it is clear that Monty is taking part in the search for love. As he endures the sight of couples in love, Monty has dreamy eyes at the thought of finding his love. Aka he breaks a blogger's heart. As the video ends, it shows Monty's love being revealed under the Christmas tree.

I cried. I really teared up and let them fall down my cheek for the sake of Monty and his penguin-friend.

Whenever I think about it, it makes me think of Christmas and the music we listen to, the films we watch, and the books we read. We fall in love with love and everything it relates to.

What I adore about this video is the friendship and family values that are also portrayed. Christmas is also about appreciating those close to us, and that this boy (this is how I take it anyway!) wants Monty to have what he wants at Christmas, makes my festive heart sing very loudly.

Ultimately, Christmas enhances the values that we should always appreciate. We should feel promise from Christmas. Hope for what's to come. Appreciate everything we've got and know that the future will bring us happiness, despite sadness.

Penguins & Love,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am blogging every day for Blogmas! You can read yesterday's post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...