Saturday 30 August 2014

It's Kind of a Long Story | Chapter 2

In THIS post I wrote about how I plan to write a book. Simply put: for me. I'm writing myself a book. I, in turn, decided to document my book-writing journey with one or two posts a month about how it's going.

I'm currently (and feel like I will be for a while) jotting a lot. I've made a promise to myself that I will plan this book until I really feel like I don't need to anymore. It doesn't mean I won't write little paragraphs or fairly big chunks in the mean time. I have been writing down little notes, phrases, ideas and descriptions, but I've also written a couple of paragraphs here and there. I've just been writing down things and thoughts that have popped into my head.

I've really adored writing my main two characters down and imagining them and their ways; their quirks and the world through their eyes. I recently read The Unpredictable Consequences of Love by Jill Mansell and a character in it spoke about how they got to know the characters when they were writing and this is how I'm feeling. I feel like these two are my friends and they're telling me about themselves and I'm writing it down.

I've had the name of my book in my mind for a long time, and an idea that goes alongside it. It's built up as I've developed everything, and I really do love the idea of it. It my mind it's a delicate idea and I can't wait to put it to paper. I can really see it all in my mind and it makes me feel very excited. I've been really keeping it in mind while I've been plotting (sat excitedly at my laptop, grinning like it's Christmas Eve); it's been a vague guide to it all.

Developing the words I use and the way I wish to describe things to suit the kind of book I want to write is what is exciting me the most. Mostly because it has and will take a lot of thinking. This is the time I will be sat in my own little bubble formulating exciting sentences (oooo, I enjoy it so much!). I've enjoyed doing this a lot during this past month. If a phrase has popped to mind, I've written it down somewhere; I've sat and brainstormed phrases; got bubbles of excitement formulating sentences.

So far I've really enjoyed writing my story. I haven't had enough time to do as much as I wished to, but I've still been doing bits here and there, and I'm excited about it all. Like I've said many times before, this story is for me, and it's really making me gloriously happy.

Yellows & Greens,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...