Friday 2 May 2014

The Story Behind the Book

In my world, reading is an experience that is more than just the pages I'm turning. The act of reading itself is one that can produce and accompany so many situations.

A book can make a bad situation less bad because time is being spent, alongside enduring a day full of rain, thinking about characters and stories and delving into their worlds. Equally, books will be my best friends in awesome times. They also carry me through lazy days or days without plans.

A few years ago I read The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. At that point in time some rubbish things were happening but with these events being accompanied by one of my favourite novels, I had something to look forward to and to completely savour when I could pick up the book again. It caused me to feel relief throughout the day- even when I wasn't reading. When I was going through those days, I could spend my time excited to read my book and the same when I was reading it. It made the days happier.

I've said that books are exquisite company when the sun is shining in my world. For example, last year, at the point in which I was reading Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher, I was having an awesome time and, thereby, I assign Sophie May and Billy Buskin's story with my positive story last year.

More recently, I read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. At that point in time I was having a happy time mixed in with a lot of tiredness and stress but this wonderful story made my current story even brighter. I was completely entranced by the story (and still am!) and getting into bed to have a good ol' read really made my days!

Books really are my best friends.

Do you have any book memories that are attached to a certain book? Has a book ever made you feel more relaxed or more excited or more content?

Blossom & Butterflies,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. It doesn't matter what's going on in your life, books can always help you, either by distraction or that you know that someone understands. :)

    Amanda at Adventures from the Bookshelf xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...