Friday 14 March 2014

A Plethora of Possibilities

Whether I'm going out or staying in, no matter if I'm happy or sad, motivated or disheartened, I always get this magical, tingly feeling on a Friday night. If it were a scent, it would be a musky aroma. If it could be seen, it would be a milky twilight with stardust and smiling stars. If it were a sound, it would be the melody of a piano. It's the promise of a plethora of possibilities.

On a Friday late afternoon and evening, I feel somewhat weightless. I feel like my dreams and hopes are infinitely possible. It's what I imagine sitting on a cloud would feel like (except without the whole being sucked into something unpleasant and, well, deathly).

Everything is touched with metaphorical glitter when the sun sets on a Friday evening.

I remember one Friday evening I spent with a friend watching lots of movies and eating lots of food. The week was over and the weekend had begun. We spent our time wisely: giggling and talking about "the now" and "the future." It was a musky, milky, melodic evening because we confided in each other, worried about the future and assured each other that we were going through the same worries and anxieties which completed the "weight off of your shoulders" kind of thing.

One of my favourite things to do on a Friday night is to sit on my bed with nothing else but the hum of my laptop or the flicking of book pages as my soundtrack. Equally, I enjoy just sitting and thinking or sitting and writing. Fridays can be simple and beautiful.

Recently on a Friday night a while ago I decided something. Once upon a time I pushed back the idea of writing a book as pointless. However, that night, as the rain fell, I decided that yes, I will write a book. Why is it pointless? I don't have to try to publish it. So, a Friday night once taught me that I can follow a dream... for the sake of myself.

Nights like these reinforce my aims and my hopes. So, I'm incredibly glad they come around once a week!

Do you like Friday evenings?

Bananas & Custard,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. A massive congratulations to Tom and Giovanna on the birth of Baby Fletcher!

P.P.S. I really enjoy the word "plethora."

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing news. You'll have to keep us all updated on your writing. :)

    And I completely agree about Friday nights, there is something magical about them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and I will do!

      Yes, there definitely is.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...