Saturday 29 March 2014

A Brighter Day

The sun is shining and the sky is blue in England as England and Wales are brighter places: We finally welcome same sex-marriage as legal.

You may or may not know that I've written a bunch of posts about my support for equal rights and so this day is a happy day! March 29th 2014 is an awesome day. Each and every gay or straight person, by my country, is officially recognised as equal.
 
I fluctuate about whether I believe in love or not, but browsing through the pictures of two men and two women that have married in the early hours of this morning, I can't deny the love written in their eyes. They're so deserving of this completely just law. Whether two men or two females are in love or not: Everyone is equal now and that makes me want to hi-5 everyone who made this happen.
 
The problem of bigoted attitudes still existing must rain slightly on this post. I'm going to get slightly pretentious on you: Those wispy clouds in the picture? They represent those who oppose same-sex couples being equal and the countries without this awesome piece of legislation. This world is a gloomier place without equal rights.
 
I'm embarrassed it's taken this long for something so beautiful to become legal and that this historic moment is marked in my life shames me slightly. It should have happened a long time ago, but all the same: I'm proud to be British.
 
Congratulations to all of the same-sex couples who are now married, to those who will be married and to all gay people. I couldn't be happier!
 
Sunshine & Blue Skies,
 
The Girl in the Moonlight.


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...