Wednesday 22 January 2014

My 3 Favourite Nicholas Sparks Films

It has definitely been too long since my last post about Nicholas Sparks and his wonderful stories and so today is the day to talk about the products of the author that makes me smile, cry and understand all in one ending. The films that have been made from Nicholas Sparks novels are some of my absolute favourites and will always leave me feeling content, for whatever reason. As much as it feels like what a mother would feel like having to pick her favourite child, I will break my heart for the sake of a list - I love a good list!


























The Lucky One

Gorgeously romantic and based in a dreamily perfect setting (as Nicholas Sparks does so well), The Lucky One is the story of Sergeant Logan Thibault and Beth, a woman who, without her knowledge, may have just saved Logan's life in Iraq. Logan is strong but tortured by his time in Iraq and Beth is brave but also scarred by the loss of someone close. It's a film that has captured my heart with the sweetness of the relationship between Logan and Beth as well as the two of them and Beth's son, Ben.

Safe Haven

After reading the novel, I couldn't wait for the adaptation of Safe Haven. It's tense and raw but sweet and romantic. Safe Haven is about widower, Alex and Katie, a woman with a past. In the beautiful setting of Southport, Alex and Katie become closer, with Katie winning the hearts of his children. Yet, her secrets are closely shadowing her which builds a wonderfully I'm-sat-on-the-edge-of-my-seat kind of feeling.

The Notebook

Noah and Allie are, of course, very iconic. It's a tale of young lovers and the complications of class and family. Noah and Allie fall in love despite odds stacked against them. Only, it soon has its problems. Touching, heart-breaking and heart-warming, it's no wonder it's one of the classics. It's a film that I want to cry at and do so every single time.

Have you watched any of these films?

Books & Films,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. Nicholas Sparks tweeted me last night and I am so super happy! If you have seen some of my other posts, you may know that he is my favourite author. I thought I'd link my other Nicholas Sparks posts here: Safe Haven, My 7 Favourite Nicholas Sparks Novels, Noah, I could Be Your Allie, Dear John: The Ending, The Last Song: The Ending and My Favourite Books: 2013.

2 comments:

  1. I've watched the Notebook, and loved it, but haven't seen the other two. I'll probably watch them, now, ThankYou!

    http://myunfathomableconstellations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Nicholas Sparks stories! they are always so beautiful! plus the lucky one film is easy on the eyes with zac efron! hah xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...