Friday 17 January 2014

A Bit of Book Chatter | January

I may have (I did) given into the glowing iridescence of Waterstones this week with my book vouchers eager to be spent. This is the story of my Wednesday afternoon...

























The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult 

I have heard the best things about The Storyteller. Jodi Picoult does "take a serious topic and make it captivatingly beautiful" in the best possible way and I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of this novel. From what I have heard and read, it's about murder, evil and justification of both. Yet, it seems to be about friendship too. I can tell already that it's going to be a whirlwind of emotions and I can't wait to get stuck into it.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I bought The Book Thief to read for my Carrie Says series that you can read about HERE. When watching one of Carrie's videos that triggered my series, The Book Thief intrigued me a lot. A book with a storyline about books... My kind of book! Narrated by death, it's about a girl and books in Nazi Germany. *Feels chills.*

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

I have gone into bookshops and supermarkets and searched online many times, always looking for The Husband's Secret, incredibly excited by the blurb. It's about a wife who stumbles across an envelope with her husband's handwriting marking the pages: "to be opened only in the event of my death". Marie Claire quoted for the cover of this novel, "Gripping, acutely observed, thought-provoking and funny". After having re-read the blurb many times, I finally have a copy! I feel like it will have everything I want in a book in one novel.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I am craving a book series. The last series I read was The Hunger Games and one of my aims for my trip to Waterstones was to find a series to love. I felt drawn to The Mortal Instruments series. I haven't seen the film yet and so I thought I would read the books beforehand. Focussed around a teenage girl and the fate of the world, I believe this will be a "I am staying up until I have finished this" kind of series.

What books are you excited to read?

Stories & Bookmarks,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

2 comments:

  1. The Book Thief is one of the best books I have ever read, and City of Bones is amazing!!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to read this! I've heard so many good things about it. I can't wait to start both! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...