Sunday 29 December 2013

Wonderful Words | 2013

Whether it be that they're making me think, laugh or decide to do something, I am always reading bloggers' posts that are making me feel something. Today, I want to sum up a few (of many) posts that have stuck with me this year. It should be noted that there are so many posts that have made me happy for some reason but I really want to write about a few.

Shirley from Wonder Canyon has a regular feature on her blog of motivational posts. I read every single one, excited about whether she'll make me motivated in a "I feel so positive" kind of way, or in a "I should go and do that now because of that video" kind of way, or like I felt after reading THIS post. This post is one of hers that has stuck with me since reading it. She wrote about a few things, one of them being about a video where American citizens were tested as to whether they'd stand up to racism or not. I was so inspired by those who had no tolerance for racism. Naturally, - you would hope - racism is something that makes me very angry; it's unnecessary, cruel and inhuman. After watching this video and seeing the wonderful people that stood up to racism, I felt truly motivated. I show so many people that video because of her post.

I was really excited when Carrie Hope Fletcher set up her blog, All I Know Now and every post of hers excites me because she'll always leave me thinking deeply about an issue. One post, in particular has stuck with me due to its relevance in my life (although it must be mentioned that that aren't many posts that aren't relevant to my life - in a big or small way). She wrote a post called Unrealistic that made me feel a strong version of inspired. My blog heavily depicts the idea of my dreams and aims in life being unrealistic and unreachable. Carrie's ultimate childhood dream of playing Eponine in Les Miserables came true and she made it clear that "just because it hasn't yet, doesn't mean it never will".

Simona from Sky's Book Corner published a post about her staying in Vancouver HERE and the pictures made feel all warm and fuzzy and it only inspired my wanderlust further. It left me wanting to plan every inch of the world's and my adventure.

Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter and her Motivational Monday feature made me very happy on a Monday. THIS one is one that has pumped through my veins when things are getting a bit "ahhhhhhh". It's about the idea of plans not working and feeling a bit lost. The post reminded me that if plan A doesn't work out, there are 25 more letters to go (a metaphor that I am highly appreciative of). Whenever I am well and truly in the swing of a plan, which is most likely education-related, the fear of it going wrong is always lurking underneath the surface. Sometimes, it does go wrong. In this situation, it's hard to think "it's okay, let's start again" with a smile and twinkle in my eye. Yet, it is possible. Louise reminded me there are a bunch of different paths, a bunch of other options - a way of thinking I'll be sure to use in 2014 with exams, uni and adulthood approaching. (Scary!)

You should definitely check out the blogs I've mentioned above. Reading other's blogs is an exciting thing for me - something I never take for granted because I'm more than likely going to learn something valuable. At the moment I am publishing posts to round up my 2013 blogging and normal world, whilst anticipation for 2014 grows!

Tins of Chocolate & Board Games,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

3 comments:

  1. I was really surprised to see myself featured in this post! It's very sweet of you to say those things! Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no need to thank me! I remember the day of finding that post and remember feeling so motivated so I had to mention it!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post <33

    Great Blog xx Love Kinga,
    ❁ ❁ ❁ http://simplepromise-simplepromise.blogspot.co.uk/ ❁ ❁ ❁

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...