Sunday 8 December 2013

The Loveliest Things in Life #3 | Christmas Edition

I have written two posts so far in my "The Loveliest Things in Life" series and I really enjoy doing them so I thought I'd do a Christmas edition.

You may roll your eyes, but one of the elite things I enjoy the most about Christmas is giving presents. When Christmas rolls around (in my world, as soon as Strictly Come Dancing is back on TV), I always get red-in-the-face excited thinking about what I can buy who. I make a list of names and then try and think of things that will make my friend or family member smile, maybe remember something we experienced or remind them of that time they spoke about something and I bought them something related to it. Then there's the shopping. I feel the excitement at the clutch of shiny bags with shiny presents in that I'm soon going to go home and wrap. I then write the cards and wrap the presents and I feel (as you see me write childishly) the young child in me beam through my smile, excited to hand the present over.

It's not about spending loads of money.

When I give presents to my family, especially, when I've found something I know they'll love, it makes me feel so warm inside. I'm excited for Christmas day so I can, I hope, see this scene and feel this feeling.

It was a bit of a short post today but I wanted to write it for the eighth day of Blogmas (you can read about it HERE).

What about Christmas, to you, is the loveliest thing?

Gingerbread Men & Candy Canes,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

The Loveliest Things in Life
The Loveliest Things in Life #2

4 comments:

  1. I like giving people Christmas presents too especially when they get really happy when you've got them exactly what they have wanted also i love decorating everything all christmasy it just gives that warm christmasy feeling :)

    http://bandanallbraided.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I love the feeling I get when I find a gift I know someone will love! And then I get to wrap it with bows,pretty paper, glitter....I could just go on forever blabbering about it haha! Great Post and lovely blog title btw:)

    www.fashionsmilescupcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...