Thursday 28 November 2013

Cosy Nights and Good Company

The cold weather has well and truly hit England. Just over a week ago, suddenly, the weather dropped and I went from being relatively comfortable without a coat to shivering with a coat on. I love it.
























The English Winter (well, it is autumn, but y'know) is one that is generally met with disdain, but - and this may be because we've only had a few days of it - I'm really enjoying being met with strong crisp air in the mornings and the chill-filled aroma that magically graces us in the evenings. You can just smell the festivities calling.

Spending time indoors comes hand in hand with this weather (or, at least, it does in my world). Weather it be (ba-dum-dum-chhhhh) snuggling up with lots of layers and sipping a hot chocolate, ready to watch a string of soaps or going out to enjoy the party season, every evening is something fairy-tale-like.

In the last week, I've had a couple of evenings with my layered pyjamas and hot beverages. I am currently reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and as I'm enjoying it so much, it's been an exciting way to end a day. With the company of my quilt, could you ask for more? In turn, I've had fab evenings at the weekend, simply relaxing with my family, having a winterish meal before spending a few hours watching TV as well as evenings with friends; I've had a couple of movie evenings with pizza and buddies and also a baking evening with an awesome friend. I love winterish weather.

What's your favourite thing about this weather?

Dragonflies & Birds,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. Sorry about that shadow in the picture.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...