Monday 16 September 2013

To My Best Friend

Blogtember, September 16: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn’t necessarily need to be romantic.)

To my best friend,

When we were younger, you and I only ever saw our future as being us and the world. It never occurred to us that we wouldn't be joint at the hip every step of the way. We were going to buy a house together, work in the same workplace, go on holiday together; we were going to do everything, just you and I. We'd always laugh about being old ladies rocking on our chairs on the porch one day, drinking tea and still eating too much chocolate!

Even though, now, some of this won't be true anymore (you and I soon realised after we went to different schools years ago *sad face*) - although we still bank on holidays together and being old ladies together - as we have our own ambitions and futures, you and I know that, when we think of our best friend, I'll say your name and you'll say mine. I think that's important: We could be anywhere, in any situation and we'll always be best friends.

Our friendship, to me, is a very personal thing. We can have the silliest, funniest time together (do you remember when we ate two boxes of ice cream and burst into laughter for minutes on end?) and the day can end with us confessing our deepest thoughts, both of us crying at each other, yet smiling at ourselves, our friendship. I've never had someone that I've connected (wow, deep) with as much as I am with you and I think our friendship is lovely and rare in my life.

We may not be around each other 24/7, not even always in each other's company once a week, but we'll always be best friends. We'll always have afternoons where all we do is eat and days discussing our biggest dreams for the future, each other egging the other on. We've always been the friends that are genuinely proud when the other achieves something. We've always thrived in each other's company. I love that about us.

I addressed this letter to you because we've been best friends for so long and I love you so much. We have the best time together and I'm so proud to call such a thoughtful, funny, intelligent, strong (in more ways the one!) and beautiful person my bestest friend.

I can't wait to see our adventures unfold.

Whipped Cream & Marshmallows,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

Check out Blogtember here:
 

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing more special than a beautiful friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a lovely post!
    It would be super cool if you could check out my blog :)
    xxx
    http://pink-puffins.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...