Wednesday 14 August 2013

A Summer Break and a Happier Mind

This summer holiday has been a small saviour for me and, even if I do say so myself, it has been greatly deserved.

It was getting to the end of the year at college and I didn't feel like I was functioning right. I was tired all of the time, I was stressed and relieved when I was able to go home. All of this did not give me any kind of positive mind-set. Therefore I was counting down the days obsessively until the end of the year (about four weeks towards the end). I see I'm not painting a good picture of college but I felt drained, but I'm sure it will be worth it... In the end *shivers*.

I've never appreciated a break more than this year. I'm sleeping a full night's sleep, drifting off easily because I've got nothing to worry about and waking up with happiness: another day of something good. I can chill out with my friends or have a lazy day and go out in the evenings without thinking about homework or coursework or revision. And heck it feels guuuuurd (that good I'd start a sentence with "and").

One day in the summer I got up, read a few chapters of a book, got ready for the day, saw a friend, watched a movie, sunbathed and saw another friend and do you know why that's fab? It's fab because I'm doing lots in a day because I want to. I'm not being forced to go to a place that's causing me too much stress for a day or do a presentation that causes me to want to cry (not that I'm bitter or anything).

So far I am having the best summer. You know when people talk about being refreshed after a mini break or epiphany... or deciding to become a naturist? Well, I've had that (whilst being clothed). I feel so so so refreshed and new and my mind feels free. It's unbelievable what a break can do for you.

I just feel positive. I feel happy and motivated and excited about plans I'm making for my days in summer as well as my future plans. That feels good. It should be known that I actually, underneath all the stress and occasional tears (and when they come, there are lots of tears), I actually like college but this summer, this break for all of the stress has been amazing.

I'm now off to eat five pots of jelly, arrange a cinema trip and meet a friend to eat chocolate. Perfection? I'd say it's pretty close.

Video Games & Milkshake,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...