Wednesday 3 April 2013

"If You Do What You've Always Done, You'll Get Where You've Always Got"

The inspirational words of Louise (Sprinkle of Glitter) and her father "If you do what you've always done, you'll get where you've always got" have stuck with me for the last few days, getting away at me bit by bit until I finally came to the conclusion my heart has been trying to tell me: you need to jump more kiddo.
Now, when I say "jump", I'm personally not the type - thankfully - to do overly daring things that could cause harm to myself or others, I mean that I'm just not daring enough when it comes to my dreams, my goals and ambitions that, to myself seem farfetched. Well, they are farfetched but you don't get anywhere by standing still, eh?

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what my exact dream is and, yes, whatever that dream is, really is unreachable but I'm going to plan to do everything, while I can to keep my passion for writing, the one thing I believe to be my net when I'm falling, alight.

Regrets have always been one of those themes that is portrayed in TV programmes, books and music as something that sticks with people when there is no way of changing it and this is why I feel I should stop sitting and complaining and change what I've "always done". The only way I can think of doing this is to have a designated time in a day to sit and just write, write whatever I feel I need to. Now, when things are too planned, too choreographed, things stop being a hobby, a love, and most importantly they stop being creative. So, when I sit down at my "designated time", I'm not going to force myself to write so many words before I move onto something else, I just want to chill and do what I like to do.

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get where you've always got." Again, I repeat that I'm not sure of the specifics of my ambitions, but I need to remind myself that my blog is for me; I want to write about things that I want to write about for 500 or so words. I'm going to work harder to tick off all of those aims that are written in dust inside my mind. That way, I won't have any regrets.

No one wants to get to their rocking chair and be forced to think of all of the "could have been"s and as McFly say, "the end is where you hope you never say, 'I coulda done it better'" and I don't know how many times I can type this in alternative ways so I better stop typing and just go for it.

Hopes & Wishes,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...