Saturday 23 February 2013

"You Miss the Memories, Not the Person"

Watching people change around you is the worst thing; especially when you, personally do not want to change. I don't want to put it out there that people changing is not a good idea; that is not what I'm saying. Only, sometimes it can be and sometimes it can leave people feeling isolated.

I once had a very close friend for a long time who decided who she was (who I loved) wasn't who she wanted to be or who would be the person who would achieve the things that she wanted to - more of the latter, I'd say - and as a result I, of course, was pushed out a little. Well, a lot. She wanted to go out with people who weren't my type of people and moreover she didn't want to go out with me. It was the summer that was supposed to be the "best" I'd ever have and yet it was the summer of me being angry and bitter, especially considering before summer she'd often enjoy to show me up a little - although I don't think that was particularly successful. I'm not saying that's her fault, not really. I'm just saying that sometimes people forget about those who have been there (I'm not boasting about me as a partner in friendship but I was a good friend to her) and that's not fun.

Anyway, it's easy, when a little annoyed to sit back and watch. Watch this person become who they two years ago, even a year ago wouldn't have wanted to ever be. It's not my place to tell anyone how they should handle it, I don't know whether she would have listened to me: maybe, maybe not. Yet, I watched. Well, more accurately sat at home doing nothing, feeling sad, feeling lonely.

It sucked. It really does suck, right?

However, eventually the anger faded and turned into pity and suddenly I was proud of myself. I was the bigger person and now, I'm happy. I know who I am, who I need to be and I'll always be true to who I am (I hear the cheese and I shall spread it!). I spent way too long holding onto memories and thinking I missed the person when that person really wasn't there anymore. It's another sad story, you may say, that this person lost themselves; I wish them the best of luck!

Smiles & Pearls,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...